Monday, November 01, 2004

Not to Scare you guys but...

Sorry if I scare anyone with this blog. But I just thought that I would let you guys know how it is going over here. As you all may have heard, an American was kidnapped near where I live. Ok, that sucks. BUt as if that wasn't enough. Before the suicide attacks, on both sides of me, and less than a block away. Pretty much all of us are walking around with our full gear on, and our weapons have one in the chamber. Yeah, I know I am in a war zone and that should be expected but it wasn't until Ramadan started. It used to be that you could walk around in PT's, without a weapon and be perfectly comfortable with that. We have all decreased the amount of time we spend outside of the compound. But that leaves one to wonder. If they can get in the Green Zone, than why can't they get into our facility. Just to ease you nervouseness gram, we are very heavily gaurded. But still, it could happen, right. Thank God we have all of your prayers back home or else who knows what it would be like here. The motar attacks are becoming more frequent along with the threats of suicide bombers, and IED's, carbombs. I mean when will this country figure out that we are the bad guys. We are the good guys and what is with them blowing up there own people. What the hell is that all about? Well, enough rambiling and sorry to scare you all but I just thought that you guys should know how things are really going over here. And not the candy coated version. Love you all, has always.

2 comments:

Lisa Boni said...

Rena ~ Asking God to watch over you and protect you and give you comfort and peace in the midst of tense situations like these. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

i am right here 24/7 praying for you and your comrades...i love you baby...thanks for the information..it does help us in our prayers...your blog was a good idea, thanks to liz for helping you set it up ....read your bible baby....itis conduit for our prayers to you........love gram