Tuesday, November 16, 2004

YESS!!! 31 Days and a Wake up!

Ok, so i now have 31 days and a wake up until I am out of the godforesaken country. You would think that for a country that is supposed to be considered the holy land that there would be less fighting and more rejoicing. But what can you do huh? So for last few days we have regular mortar fire form these great people. All I do is roll over and go back to sleep. They have been close but I don't care anymore. I think I have a case of the short timers disease. Gramps you know what I'm talkin about. So I just wnat to get home to my man and kid. By the way. Erin now has a bottom tooth. It is her first one. Woo hoo, thank god I wasn't there for that one. I heard that she was absolutley miserable.
So I have figured something out. That once you no longer want to party you have grown up. Or at least that is my hypothysis. My cousin wrote in her blog that she hates parties. I totally agree. That is why when I get together with friends it is just a few of them and we just get goofy all together.
There is a sign across the street from my compound at Brigade that simply states, "What have you done for the Iraqi people today?" When I saw that I thought, hmmm, what haven't I done. I have saved many of their lives. I am here to protect them, I support them financially by buying DVD's from them. That sighn really pissed me off, along with the rest of the unit. OK, get it through your thick @$$ head. We are a hospital unit, there is nothing that I haven't done for the Iraqi people. Ok, so enough of that.
Just keep in your minds I will be home for XMAS, thank God for small miracles. WOO HOO!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO GIRL GO! can wait till you get home. we're ALL proud of you and your unit for doing a great job. Grampa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rena, I can't wait for your safe return home. LIZ--when you throw this party make sure you let us Wisconites know when and where it is because I need to rejoice in my sisters return too.

Prayers will continue until your safe return home!!
Melissa