Monday, October 11, 2004

True Test For Any Lab Tech

Today I had to do the hardest thing asked of any lab tech. I had to run legal blood alcohols on 5 people in my unit, and most of them are my friends. See we are not allowed to drink in this lovely place. Well, they were. And me being a lab tech I had to run them without cheating for them. I tell you dudes. That was really hard to give out the correct results. But you can all continue to be proud of me because I did give out the correct results. Those poor guys are going to loose a lot coming soon. Stuff like rank, money and time.
I really don't see why anyone would want to drink here. Because think about. WE ARE IN A WAR ZONE!!! For most that should be enough, but I guess not for those guys. You have to think what if we got attacked or if we a Mass Cal. You would be totally incapable of doing your job with your full ablities. Guess they forgot to think about that, huh.
I am so proud of my cousin Liz, here she is with some crappy disease and she has a better, and happier outlook on life than most healthy people I know. Every time I talk to I think, "Wow, I wish I had that kind of courage." Plus, she still manages to go to school full time, I think to be a teacher. She is also lucky beacause lives in one of the music capitols of the world. Thanks Liz for being an inspiration to me. You are the reason I am here, I know that if you could you would be here helping me, help soldiers. I love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing, and you are awesome for doing it! You have great courage, as does Liz. Must run in the family :).

-- Manny

Anonymous said...

Rena,
You rock girl!!! Keep following your conscience and you will feel good about yourself. And that is the best way to live. Chin up and know you are loved by many.

Lisa Boni said...

Integrity is a priceless commodity that's in short supply. Kudos to you for maintaining yours! Keep up the great work!