Friday, October 15, 2004

A Very Scary Day!

As most of you may have noticed The Green Zone was attacked yesterday. It was scary because I was almost at that exact place. I was going to go get some movies, but instead my friends and I passed up the market and went back to the hospital because we were tired. We had just got done exploring The Belivers Palace. I can't tell you naything about how many patients we got or how far away it was. All I can really say is that it was very close to us. I had not slept yet because we were exploring so when we got called in I was extremly tired. And I still had gaurd duty later that day. I only got like 1 hour of sleep. BUMMER!!!
Well, after I got back form the palace I went to room to hook up my new playstation. I was playing for not even 10 minutes then I heard the first boom. All this dust came rushing in the room and the windows shook and I was "Fuck that was close". Then like 30 seconds, not even, a second boom. I hid in the conner next to the wall so nothing would fall on me. Then I ran out of my room to see were they landed and I saw smoke billowing out of the market. Then I ran up to the roof to see the damage and to find out were the second one landed. We couldn't tell were, but it ended up being at The Green Zone Cafe. All these people were running to help and to get help. It was crazy. I saw a couple people die, which was not cool. Then I saw a lot of people burnt. I ran to the lab to see if we were all alright. And we were. Then I went and did what I do best, my job. The rest is all gravy.
The palace was really cool. WE got to see were the bombs dropped. Climb around in the ruble and explore his massive bunker system. We got a lot of pictures so I will soon send them out by e-mail. Then we went up the 12 story tower that only the sons and Saddam got to go up. Trust 12 flights of staris is a real workout. But the view was amazing. We could see all of Baghdad and the former maket. Well, enough excitment for today. Everyone thank your lucky stars that I am still here. And so is all of my unit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you are safe, I am sure you are not sound but you are a strong girl and will get through this. Thanks for blogging and letting us who love you know that you are OK. Take Care of yourself.
Aunt Kathy